- Pop-up Tutors are lecture videos developed by Dr. Jessica Coppola at Sacramento City College that reinforce key concepts and provide students with further instruction and practice on particularly difficult topics; such as, metabolism, digestion, and absorption. Students can access the Pop-up Tutors via WebTutor for BlackBoard and WebCT.
- Detachable Study Cards at the end of the book provide concise summaries of the key chapter concepts along with key figures and study questions. These cards are perforated and designed for students to use as a quick review for exams.
- At the end of each chapter, “Nutrition Portfolio” sections invite students to evaluate and compare their personal dietary choices with dietary goals introduced in the text by completing an activity in Diet Analysis Plus.
- “How To” sections guide readers through problem-solving tasks such as calculating energy intake from the grams of carbohydrate, fat, and protein in a food. Each “How To” feature is accompanied by “Try It”activities for students to practice these skills.
- WebTutor Premium, your complete solution for Nutrition, provides course management tools for instructors and various online study tools for your students. Each chapter in UNDERSTANDING NUTRITION prompts students to use online resources: review quizzes, Pop-up Tutors, animations, case studies, interactive exercises, and more. Easy to assign and track, WebTutor will save time both for instructors and students to better support course goals and learning objectives.
This best-selling introductory nutrition text is praised for its approachable narrative, engaging presentation, and careful explanations. The new Thirteenth Edition of Whitney and Rolfes’ UNDERSTANDING NUTRITION takes the study of nutrition to a new level with an integrated pedagogy and an emphasis on active learning, assignable content, and integrated resources. From its beautiful and carefully developed art program to its strong science base, contemporary coverage, and market-leading supplemen
List Price: $ 252.95